The Lake at Winterwood Annual and Board Meeting Minutes
Date: Wednesday, Sept 2nd, 2020
Location: Virtual Meeting via Webex
Attendance and verification of quorum. Quorum obtained.
- 15 Homeowners in attendance to include all five board members (count to be verified/updated by MyHOA meeting participant list)
- 8 Proxies rendered
President Report – Michael Thomas
- Transition to MyHOA conducted/completed. Special thanks to previous board members George Tantzen and Bryan Collins for their assistance during this process. 75 homeowners to date have registered on the website.
- Major Activities:
- Reserve Study was conducted by Cedcore. Results indicated that with a modest increase of allocation to the fund it could be brought up to 100% fully funded. Board voted to increase the allocation and did so without impacting homeowner dues.
- Due to the pandemic many annual activities were cancelled to include the spring cleanup, neighborhood garage sale, and the neighborhood night out event.
- The pandemic also caused a dramatic increase in non-resident traffic to our private neighborhood amenities. A neighborhood survey was conducted to determine if we should stock the lake with fish next year. Our neighbors voted that we should not stock in 2021.
Vice President Report – Dave Chavez
- Updates and Activities:
- Overview of Board member changes and subsequent changes in role assignments
- Renewal of landscape contract – two-year period of performance
- Additional signage was purchased and installed in the attempt to decrease non-resident traffic
- The Board met with the City of Covington officials and police chief to determine roles and responsibilities, and process for trespass violations.
Vice President of Maintenance Report – Tom Chase
- Major accomplishments:
- Fountain maintenance in both lakes
- Pump house maintenance
- Lake treatments
- Graffiti cleanup
- Power washing of entrance fence
- Lake signage
- Muskrat abatement
Treasurer Report – Ben Mahaney
- Budget performance to date. A few areas were over/under projections. Tree removal and water ran over budget projections due to diseased trees and a water leak in the entrance sprinkler system. However, those unexpected increases were offset by a savings achieved with switching Liability Insurance providers.
- 2021 Budget Overview
- Reserve Study results overview to explain slight increase in that fund allocation in 2021
- Increase to tree removal expense line item
- Sports court painting new line item
- Removal of expense in 2021 for fish stocking
- Financial audit – Board elected to conduct an audit in 2021 due to change in HOA management.
- Vote taken and the 2021 budget was ratified
Manager Report – MyHOA – Eydie Leighty
- Records obtained by previous CPA and twenty years of accounts payable entries have been completed.
- Overview of the financial section of the MyHOA website and what is accessible to the homeowners.
- No homeowners expressed an interest to join the Board prior to the annual meeting
- Elections from the floor – George Tantzen and Bryan Collins were voted onto the Board.
Annual Meeting adjourned at approximately 2035.
The Lake at Winterwood Board of Directors Monthly Meeting Minutes
Date: Wednesday, Sept 2nd, 2020
Time: 1930 Location: Virtual Meeting via Webex
Board Members in attendance: Dave Chavez, Tom Chase, Ben Mahaney, George Tantzen, Bryan Collins
Guests in Attendance: Michael and Eydie Leighty, Michael Thomas, Leesa Sippel
- Motion to ratify the August 2020 meeting minutes – ratified
- Tentative assignment of officers
- President – George Tantzen
- Vice President – Dave Chavez
- VP of Maintenance – Tom Chase
- Treasurer – Ben Mahaney
- Secretary – Bryan Collins
- Next board meeting will be held 14Oct20. Executive session scheduled to begin at 1830, general session at 1900. Meeting will be held virtually via Webex.